Periodontics/Gum graft

Question
I had a gum graft a year and a half ago that failed and had it redone last Wednesday. My periodontist told me he doesn't know why the last one failed because I did everything correctly. How can I help ensure that this one takes?

Answer
David, if you follow all of the post operative instructions given to you I don't think there is anything you can do to prevent it from working.  I would say that if you are a smoker continuing to smoke will not help the healing process.  Normally when a graft fails is it rarely the fault of the patient.  Lets keep our fingers crossed that this one works.

Good Luck
Dr. Siegelman

Periodontics

Bryan M. Siegelman, DDS