Periodontics/Receding gums?

Question
my gums
my gums  
Hi I am a 26 female and for the last few years I have been freaking out about my gums/teeth. Somtimes I get really paranoid because I feel my teeth are loose and are going to fall out. Every time I would go to my dentist he'd say my teeth were great and that I had mild gingivitis. I have been trying really hard to make my gums healthy, but I am worried they are getting worse. Do they look like they are receding?

Answer
Your teeth and gums look good and healthy. Your gums are not receding.
A slight movement or give is normal for healthy teeth since they attach to the bone with a thin layer of soft tissue, the so called periodontal ligament.
Don't worry, you'll get to keep your teeth the rest of your life. Just continue to brush carefully twice a day and floss every evening. And take good care of your health otherwise too.

Periodontics

Marketta Hormia, DDS, PhD