Periodontics/Connective Tissue Graft vs. Allograft

Question
I had a Connective Tissue Graft on December 22 after two failed allografts. How much more successful are Connective Tissue Grafts compared to allografts?

Thanks.

Answer
it really depends on many factors including the dentist's skill. Some periodontists get excellent results with an allograft, but the technique is more difficult than a autogenous connective tissue graft.
The reason is that in general a connective tissue graft is more predictible than an allograft due to the graft's ability to establish a blood supply quickly.
I hope this helps.

Joseph Zelig

Periodontics

Joseph Zelig