Periodontics/Connective Tissue Graft vs. Allograft

I had a Connective Tissue Graft on December 22 after two failed allografts. How much more successful are Connective Tissue Grafts compared to allografts?

it really depends on many factors including the dentist's skill. Some periodontists get excellent results with an allograft, but the technique is more difficult than a autogenous connective tissue graft.
The reason is that in general a connective tissue graft is more predictible than an allograft due to the graft's ability to establish a blood supply quickly.
I hope this helps.

Joseph Zelig

Joseph Zelig

Dr. Zelig is a board-certified Periodontist and is an expert on dental implants & treating patients with Dental Phobia. Dr. Zelig can answer any and all questions you have about complex dental problems, dental implants, gum disease, treatment of gum recession, and IV sedation dentistry.

Dr. Zelig has personally placed several thousand implants with excellent success and has worked with many dental specialists and educated them on full mouth reconstruction, esthetic dentistry, and Sedation Dentistry. Dr. Zelig is a coauthor of a book on Dental Phobia, "The Fearless Smile: Overcoming Dental Phobia"

American Academy of Periodontology, American Board of Periodontology, North-Eastern Society of Periodontists, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology

I received both my dental degree (DDS) and my certificate in the specialty of Periodontics from New York University College of Dentistry. Dr. Zelig graduated among the top 10% of the graduating class. As a result of outstanding academic achievements, Dr. Z was elected into the membership of Omicron Kappa Upsilon- the national dental honor society. In addition, Dr. Zelig has lectured to general dentists and specialists on periodontal treatment and dental implants. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology which recognizes periodontists who have made significant achievements beyond the educational requirements of the specialty. Board-certified periodontists have been examined by a panel of internationally respected peers and has been awarded Diplomate status. By successfully completing this challenge, Dr. Zelig has demonstrated a robust knowledge of periodontics, Continued professional development, Critical review of results of therapy, and interest in providing the best, most up-to-date care.