Periodontics/Gum recession

Question
Gum Recession?
Gum Recession?  

Gum Recession?
Gum Recession?  
Hi my name is Erica and I am 21. I never used to floss growing up and I would only brush 2 times a day. However I went to the dentist for the first time in a year and she told me that my gums were really bad and I had a gingivitis. So she did a PSR on which is the quick method of the periodontal exam which just measures the quadtrients of each section of the mouth but not every tooth. and all my numbers were code 1's. She scheduled me for a full debridement and told me to floss everyday and brush my teeth times a day and use mouthwash. She said the gingivitis is reversiable since I don't have any bone loss. However, that was three months ago. MY gums have healed up competly. and I floss everyday and use mouthwash and also changed to a sonicare brush. However, I feel like i am going crazy I worry that I have periodontal pockets and when I began flossing I noticed that the floss was able to go down into my lower too front teeth. Its feels uncomfortable when I do it as well. I worry that my lower gums are receding and I need your help to tell me if you they look like they are receding and how bad do you think it is. Also my teeth have always been sensitive but my lower two front teeth are especially sensitive now and I am worried I going to have bone loss they the recession is extremely bad! My next followup appointment which she said is the examination of my teeth is next week and I am worried. Also do you feel that she should do a full periodontal exam the next time she sees me??

Answer
Erica, I cant tell by looking at your pictures if you have boneloss or not; a perio charting and full mouth series of xrays are necessay for a complete periodontal evaluation.  If you are still worried even after assurances from your dentist, find a local periodontist for a 2nd opinion.  Thanks.

Periodontics

John Kong, DDS, www.implantnyc.com