Periodontics/question

Question
Prof
could someone has periodontitis with no gum color changed to red
regard

Answer
I guess you want to know if someone can have periodontal disease without any redness in the gums, am I right?

The answer is yes, this is possible.

If there are deep pockets and the gum tissue is thick, the inflammation is deep under the surface of the gum. If brushing and home care is good, the visible part of the gum can be quite normal looking.

Especially in smokers, there is usually no redness in the gums although there might be severe periodontal disease and bone destruction.

The only way to find whether you have periodontal disease is to go to the dentist or periodontist. The dentist will make an examination, take x-rays, and measure the periodontal pockets.

Periodontics

Marketta Hormia, DDS, PhD