could someone has periodontitis with no gum color changed to red

I guess you want to know if someone can have periodontal disease without any redness in the gums, am I right?

The answer is yes, this is possible.

If there are deep pockets and the gum tissue is thick, the inflammation is deep under the surface of the gum. If brushing and home care is good, the visible part of the gum can be quite normal looking.

Especially in smokers, there is usually no redness in the gums although there might be severe periodontal disease and bone destruction.

The only way to find whether you have periodontal disease is to go to the dentist or periodontist. The dentist will make an examination, take x-rays, and measure the periodontal pockets.

Marketta Hormia, DDS, PhD

I am a periodontist living and working in Helsinki, the capital of Finland, where I have my private dental practice. I am an international member of the American Academy of Periodontology. I have a Ph.D degree and a long background in research and teaching at the University of Helsinki and at the University of Turku, Finland. I function as an adjunct Professor at these Universities. I have also worked as a visiting scientist at the Scripps Clinic and research Foundation, la Jolla, CA. I can answer any question in the fields of dentistry and periodontics.

Private practitioner in Helsinki, Finland over 20 years. Former researcher and teacher at two Finnish Universities.

The Finnish Society of Dentists, Division of Periodontology, American academy of Periodontology

Over 30 scientific research articles published in peer-reviewed international scientific journals (can be found on PubMed)

D.D.S., Ph.D, Specialist in Periodontology. Adjunct Professor.

Visiting Scientist at the Scripps Research Foundation, San Diego, California, 1992-1994. NIH grant

Dental patients, national and international. All kinds of dental, oral and temporomandibular joint problems