Periodontics/front teeth moving

Question
Hello,I am 28 years old,female,living in The Netherlands.I am pregnant in the 5th month now,when I noticed that one of my front teeth is moving/shaking when I am touching it.I got really concerned about it.In general my tooth are of a  weak structure,they tend to break easy.Any advice would be of great help.Thanks in advance!

Answer
It is not possible to guess what the problem is without an x-ray and, preferably, also a clinical examination.

Front teeth can feel slightly mobile just naturally. The slight normal mobility might increase due to abnormal biting forces. There might also be a periodontal problem, or something might be wrong in the root of the tooth.

You should go to a dentist who knows the history of your dental treatments and have an x-ray and a check-up. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is to brush and floss your teeth as thoroughly as possible.

Periodontics

Marketta Hormia, DDS, PhD