Periodontics/tongue

Question
Hi Dr Kong- my name is Russ. I get frequent soreness on the tip and right side of my tongue. upon close look it seems the papilla are red and irritated.  Certain foods tend to exacerbate it but there does seem to be a persistent inflammation that flares up very easily based on what i eat, my mouth seems to be sensitive to acidic foods and salt. also whenever i eat potatoe chips that are salty it has an abrasive effect on my tongue. any idea what this is or how to treat?  thanks so much

Answer
Hi Russell,

It's difficult to tell you why you are getting the frequent soreness on your tongue without a clinical examination; all oral lesions should be checked out by a professional if it doesn't go away or is consistently present.  Please go see a dentist to get the sore spot checked out.

-Dr.Kong

Periodontics

John Kong, DDS, www.implantnyc.com