Periodontics/burning sensation of lips following implant placement

I had my implants placed in lower left region 10 days back. Implants are placed in correct position, but I am having a mild burning sensation in lip since then. I showed it to the concerned dentist. he de rotated implants to decrease pressure on the nerve. burning sensation has decreased in intensity since then. I want to know when this sensation will get cured completely and whether is a temporary or permanent nerve damage

Taki, there is a very good chance that this will be temporary, especially since you are noticing that it has decreased in the last 10 days.  Usually, if there is permanent damage you would have complete numbness of your lip.  Understand that it could take weeks, or even months for it to feel completely normal, but generally these things do resolve themselves over time.

Good Luck
Dr. Siegelman

Bryan M. Siegelman, DDS

I can answer any question relating to the diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease. I can also answer questions relating to the placement and restoration of dental implants.

I have been practicing Perioodontics for the past 20 years. I limit my practice to periodontics and implant dentistry. I am a diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology. I am in private practice in Pennsylvania and am on staff at the local hospital in my home town. My practice website is

American Academy of Periodontology, Academy of Osseointegration, American Dental Association, American College of Dentists, Pennsylvania Dental Association

I have a BS from Muhlenberg College, I did a general practice residency at St. Joeseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Paterson, NJ. I received my DDS degree and specialty certificate from the University of Maryland Dental School.