Periodontics/Crown inflammation and recession

Question
I had a front upper dental bridge removed because of inflammation. The dentist I saw placed a temporary and advised implant placement with two crowns. The inflamation persisted after placement of the temporaries on one of the crowns. I recently had a bone graft done in prep for the implant. I am concerned about the inflammation and gum recession around the crowned tooth. One of the doctors said it will go when I place a permanent crown and another said I might need crown lengthening because the crown is too close to the bone. Is there a way around this, crown legthening will make the tooth even longer add to the fact its also receeded moreover its in the smile zone. How can I go about this and improve my smile

Answer
Your question is a tough to answer b/c I do need a picture of your smile, teeth and gums to tell you how your smile can be improved.
That said, if a temporary is well made with tight, polished margins like that of a permanent crown, the inflammation around the gums should go away unless the 'biologic width' was violated. As far as your treatment plan for dental implants for your missing front teeth in lieu of your current existing bridge, I'm not understanding the reasoning behind it.

-Dr.Kong
www.implantnyc.com

Periodontics

John Kong, DDS, www.implantnyc.com