Periodontics/Crown inflammation and recession

I had a front upper dental bridge removed because of inflammation. The dentist I saw placed a temporary and advised implant placement with two crowns. The inflamation persisted after placement of the temporaries on one of the crowns. I recently had a bone graft done in prep for the implant. I am concerned about the inflammation and gum recession around the crowned tooth. One of the doctors said it will go when I place a permanent crown and another said I might need crown lengthening because the crown is too close to the bone. Is there a way around this, crown legthening will make the tooth even longer add to the fact its also receeded moreover its in the smile zone. How can I go about this and improve my smile

Your question is a tough to answer b/c I do need a picture of your smile, teeth and gums to tell you how your smile can be improved.
That said, if a temporary is well made with tight, polished margins like that of a permanent crown, the inflammation around the gums should go away unless the 'biologic width' was violated. As far as your treatment plan for dental implants for your missing front teeth in lieu of your current existing bridge, I'm not understanding the reasoning behind it.

John Kong, DDS,

I am a board-certified periodontist and an expert on dental implants. I am currently in private practice at Better Living through Dentistry. I can answer questions related to the treatment of periodontitis (gum disease), dental implants, sinus lifts, bone grafts, gum grafts, surgical exposure of teeth, and minor orthodontics.

I have been practicing periodontics and placing dental implants since 2006 in Forest Hills, Queens, NY at Better Living through Dentistry. I am currently an attending and Chief of Implantology at Flushing Hospital Medical Center.

American Board of Periodontology, American Academy of Periodontics, American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association

Wesleyan University / Amherst College, BA; SUNY Stony Brook Dental School, DDS; University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Certificate in Periodontics; New York University, 1-year program in Full-Mouth Reconstruction; Certified in Invisalign

Northeast Society of Periodontists Achievement Award