Periodontics/Tooth is loose after attaching to implant

Dear Dr. Kong,
On July 13, 2016 I had dental implants placed on 3 teeth, #11, #12 and #19. The procedure seemed to go well and I was told that new teeth would be attached to the implants in January of 2016. Since I already had 7 implants done previously in Turkey I had a good idea about what to expect and this was the normal time frame. My gums were opened on December 13th and impressions were taken. I was told the new teeth would be ready by January 6th. Well, the teeth were not ready and four appointments later following umpteen phone calls, the three teeth were placed on February 24th.
But immediately I noticed that tooth #11 was loose so I went back to the dentist March 2nd and she tried to tighten the tooth, without success. The dentist then ordered a special implant screw tightening set and had me return on March 9th. The new tools did not work and the tooth is still wiggly. The dental staff said there must be a problem with the implant itself and I must see the periodontist to find out what the issue really is. And now, of course, I am wondering about the possibility of a defective implant and would they suggest that this one be removed. I imagine the tooth could somehow be glued to the implant post. I certainly want to avoid implant removal and having a new one placed!
I feel as though this practice is being run by the 3 Stooges and I am in a bizarre comedy. I think I should be reimbursed for all my pain and suffering and taxi rides to and from the dental office that occurred after they failed to deliver the teeth on January 6th, as promised. Is it reasonable for me to expect some sort of compensation?
Here is a summary of what occurred from January 6th until now:
January 6, 2016 Teeth had been promised. (They never called ahead to tell me this.) The impressions taken on Dec. 13th were not good enough. Impressions were taken again. My gums were lasered again which caused excruciating pain.
January 15th: An abutment came out of one of the implants at 10am. Went to dentist at 2pm and they screwed in the abutment. The abutment came out again at 5pm.
January 18th:  Went in again and they replaced the abutment.
January 27: Teeth were ready but they did not fit right. The lab had mixed up the attachments somehow. Dentist apologized and said that the lab they use just makes too many mistakes. I asked them to figure out a way to attach the top two teeth with cement so I would have something to cover the gaping hole from missing tooth #11. It took 3 hours to complete. They promised to send impressions to a new lab and teeth would be done by February 10th.
February 8: I called to check that teeth would be there on the 10th as promised. I was told that the lab had to order special parts and they donít know how long it will take, maybe a week and a half.
February 9th: I called to get clarification from the dentist about when the teeth would arrive. The dentist had talked to the lab and all 3 teeth would be connected on February 24th.
February 24: All 3 teeth were connected to the implants. I soon noticed that tooth #11 was loose and wabbling a bit. I made an appointment for March 2nd to have it tightened.
March 2nd: They tried to tighten the tooth for over an hour but it was still loose. Dentist said I need to see the periodontist because the problem was obviously with the implant itself.
March 8: Dental office called to say they were ordering special tools to tighten the tooth so I made an appointment for March 9th.
March 9th: I went in and they used the special tools to try to tighten the tooth. It was still loose. The dentist said it must be the implant itself that is at fault and they made an appointment for me to see the periodontist on March 29th.

I am in a real quandary about what to do next and I am hoping for some guidance as to how to proceed. And before I see the periodontist I want to know if what I have described are simply normal events related to the placing of implants or is there an indication of improper care and treatment. If there is indeed a problem with the implant itself, what can be done to attach the tooth securely to the implant? Does this dental office sound incompetent from what I described? Should I change dentists? Should I expect some sort of compensation from all the aggravation and pain their mistakes have caused me?
My other seven dental implants were done in Turkey so I donít really know what to expect from the dentists in Henderson, Nevada. But the Turkish implants went smoothly and there were no problems such as I am now having.
Thank you so very much for taking the time to read my letter and give your professional opinion. You are so very kind to provide this service.

Dear Cynthia,

Unexpected implant complications does happen in dentistry. That said, I do see why you would be frustrated.  You should be familiar with the timeline that it takes to restore an implant because you've already had 7 done in Turkey so you can you use that experience as reference in coming to your own conclusion about the confidence you have in your dental office.

As for the crown wabbling when securing to the denture implant, that can be one of two things: 1) the abutment that attaches to the implant is loose or 2) the implant itself is loose.
The dentist or the periodontist has to figure that out first and come up with a solution that's specific the problem. If the abutment is loose, that could be an easy fix. If the implant itself is loose, it must come out.  Good luck.

John Kong, DDS,

I am a board-certified periodontist and an expert on dental implants. I am currently in private practice at Better Living through Dentistry. I can answer questions related to the treatment of periodontitis (gum disease), dental implants, sinus lifts, bone grafts, gum grafts, surgical exposure of teeth, and minor orthodontics.

I have been practicing periodontics and placing dental implants since 2006 in Forest Hills, Queens, NY at Better Living through Dentistry. I am currently an attending and Chief of Implantology at Flushing Hospital Medical Center.

American Board of Periodontology, American Academy of Periodontics, American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association

Wesleyan University / Amherst College, BA; SUNY Stony Brook Dental School, DDS; University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Certificate in Periodontics; New York University, 1-year program in Full-Mouth Reconstruction; Certified in Invisalign

Northeast Society of Periodontists Achievement Award