Persian Language/

Dear Saeed,

Many thanks again for your excellent recent help.

A sentence from the autobiography of a woman who had to leave her homeland in a hurry:
شش سال از زمانی که شاهد محو شدن سرزمینم در زیر خروارها مه بود میگذرد
Is the following a good translation, please?
“Six years have passed since the time I watched the disappearance (disappearing) of my homeland under masses of fog.”

Re بود, is it ‘bud’ or ‘bovad’? How does it fit in to the rest of the sentence, please? My problem is really with the basic structure of the sentence.

Best wishes, and many thanks,

Hi Simon,

It is "Bood". Means She "was".

The only problem of your translation is that you have wrongly writen "I" instead of "she" and the rest id wright.

If it was بودم then you should write "I" was, But because it is بود you should write "She" was.

Persian Language

I can answer to questions about Persian (Farsi) as second language as well as history of persian art and culture.

I am an English - Persian translator with more than 8 years of experience and about 30 translated books including around 8000 pages. I have been interested in History of world art (painting and architecture), history, mythology, etc. As a poet I also have considerable experience in Persian poetry.

B.A. of political sciences. M.A. of political sciences.