Persian Language/somyeh goftan

Question
Hi again Saeed

On a Persian language Christian TV channel, I heard something like this:
“Har kasi ke somāye mige, maskhare mige…”

I’m afraid I don’t know the spelling, having only heard the word, but do you have a word like somāye, meaning perhaps “to insult” or “to laugh at” or something like that? How do you write it, please?

Best

Simon

Answer
Hi Simon,
Hope you are well.
I think you have missed some part of the sentence. It is translated as: "Whoever that Somāye says, he/she says ridiculous"!
In fact Somāye (correct form: Somayyeh, سمیّه) is a female first name. I guess you should have been mistaking in some part of the sentence.
Don't hesitate to ask if you have any Question.
Best
Saeed

Persian Language

Saeed