Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/Slip and Fall

On October 21st 2012 My wife and I were staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Ft Lauderdale. My wife was getting out of the Bathtub and slipped and fell to the floor. The result of this fall is a fractured left upper arm. The Hotel took down the report and offered an ice pack to my wife and sent us on our way. After we had her checked out at the MD Now and got the news of the fracture on the way to the drug store I became ill at the wheel puled over and ended up in the JFK cardiac unit with chest pains. I was cleared of any heart attack but it could be possible all the trauma to my wife cause this episode. I would like your thoughts on this.

Doug, your wife may have a claim against the Marriott if the Marriott failed to maintain its premises in a reasonably safe condition and/or failed to warn you and your wife of dangerous conditions that existed in your hotel room.  If a dangerous condition, i.e. slippery floor or tub, something broken, etc. caused or contributed to her fall, she may have a claim.

There are many details that would need to be clarified, so please do not hesitate to contact me at (954) 784-6310 if you would like to discuss the claim further.

As for your chest pains, you would need a doctor to give his expert opinion that the chest pains were caused by anxiety from your wife's accident, and I think it would be difficult to find such an opinion.  A doctor' opinion would have to be given within a reasonable degree of medical probability.  Because there are many factors that could contribute to chest pain, it would be difficult to make a claim against the Marriott for the chest pain.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.  Good luck.

Joseph M. Maus
The Maus Law Firm
(855) 999-5297

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Joseph Maus

I am a Florida attorney representing persons injured due to the negligence of others, and insurance disputes. I handle claims involving injuries from car accidents, boating accidents, cruise ship accidents, slip and falls, and wrongful death claims. I also handle homeowner property damage claims and Florida workers compensation claims.

22 years of litigating accident claims, representing 1000's of victims, and recovering millions of dollars for my client's injuries and claims. I am "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest skill and ethics rating awarded. I have been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as Florida's "Legal Elite" and by Super Lawyers since 2011, awards given to less than 5% of attorneys in Florida. I have successfully litigated claims throughout Florida, the United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, and before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MY QUALIFICATIONS CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.MAUSLAWFIRM.COM

Florida Bar Association; Florida Justice Association; Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers; Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute; Admitted to practice in all Florida State, Federal, and Appellate Courts; Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court

Undergraduate Degree from The Florida State University Law Degree from Nova Southeastern University See more information at www.mauslawfirm

Former Mayor, City of Oakland Park, Florida Former City Commissioner, City of Oakland Park, Florida President, Hundred Club of Fort Lauderdale Member, Broward County Planning Council Member, Broward County Charter Review Commission