Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/Slip/Fall/Fractured tailbone

Question
I slipped in the restroom of a bar and wound up fracturing my tailbone. Doc reccomended I sue the club/

Answer
Justin,

I am sorry to hear about your injury and hope that you can make a fast and full recovery. I would like to offer my assistance, but I do not understand your question.

If you want to know if you can sue the bar, the answer is maybe and depends on several factors. I do need to tell you that I practice law in New York and am not an expert on the laws of Alabama. I have extensive experience with slip and fall cases and can share some general guidelines. To prove a case against the bar, you will need to demonstrate that their negligence caused your fall and that you suffered injuries because of their negligence. To prove that the bar was negligent, you will need to demonstrate that they either caused the conditions the led to your slip and fall or they were or should have been aware of those conditions and that they had sufficient time to clean up the situation, but failed to do so. You will then need to demonstrate that the injures you suffered (i.e., the fractured tailbone) resulted from this slip and fall.

If you do want to pursue the matter, I suggest that you obtain a local attorney with experience handling slip and fall cases.

I hope this information helps and that your recovery goes well.

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Carol L. Schlitt