Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/Injury at a Night club

Question
I was at a night club a few days ago, a fight broke out I was pushed by a group of people trying to get out of the way.I left without filling out an accident report due to my safety.I went straight to the ER. I was diagnosed with a Concussion, can I get a lawyer and sue?

Answer
Forget it.  You have no evidence of being hurt at the nightclub.  As far as the club is concerned, you could have hurt yourself outside and away from the club.  You don't mention any blood or bumps on your head so there is no physical or photographic evidence of you being injured anywhere, right?  Sounds like you went to the ER, told the doc you got pushed and bumped your head, it hurts, you have a headache, whatever.  He/she says "well, you probably have a mild concussion".  There is no MRI, no nothing except you complaining and the doctor making an off the cuff diagnosis to get you out of there so they can take care of someone really hurt. Concussions range from virtually no injury but a bump all the way to serious concussions that can be dangerous.  You have one that is no doubt very mild if it exists at all. What is that worth? You think a lawyer wants to spend a lot of time and money on your case to get one-third of what you get, especially when there is no evidence that the club was responsible for your "injury"???? Maybe you were fighting yourself.  How is the club to know different?  Think they will take your word for it and offer you $5,000?? No evidence the club is responsible and no evidence of an injury worth anything.  My advice, stay out of clubs where people get drunk and fight.

TANISHA:  VERY REFRESHING TO SEE SOMEONE TAKE MY SOMETIMES "HARSH" ANSWERS IN THE PROPER LIGHT. THAT SPEAKS WELL FOR YOU.  MOST TIMES, I AM TOLD I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT AND THAT I AM RUDE.  BEST OF LUCK

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Glenn A. Dorfman