Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/Slipped and fell on porn card

Question
QUESTION: Hi,
Last Friday night I was walking down the Las Vegas strip.  I was NOT drinking. I was wearing tennis shoes. My foot hit one of those stupid porn cards that were being shoved in my face. I felt my foot slip across it and I went down on my right hip and hand.  Now, I think my index finger might be broken. It's swollen and hurts to palpation.  What recourse do I have?
Thanks so much,
Sandy

ANSWER: What recourse?  Probably (surely) none. I guess you could go after the owner of the porn club or whomever had allowed the card to end up on the sidewalk but they would say "prove it". Prove you weren't intoxicated, prove the accident ever happened, prove you didn't break your finger somewhere else, etc. etc.  As you see, you can't make a case of any kind here unless there was a police report taken. And how much is a broken finger worth?  Not much. It hasn't been serious enough for you to even seek medical attention.  I am curious, what recourse did you think you might have?

QUESTION: More than monetary compensation, I would love to see the porn flippers removed off of the strip.  They are not just a distraction. I know our country believes in free speech, etc. The porn flippers and their employers take it too far. They make it more difficult to walk down the street. I have never liked having interactions with them. It's difficult to bring my young son down the strip. Now, that I fell and hurt myself, I feel even more strongly about it.

ANSWER: Place you need to go is the Las Vegas City Council.  Ask to speak. Join what is probably a growing chorus of people who don't like those porn flippers either.  At the least, they are causing a littering problem.  But Sandy, come on, it's Vegas.  The porn flippers are the least of it. What about the drunks, the prostitutes, the drug pushers, the vomiters, the political and religious barkers with their cards, etc. etc.  Aren't there just as many or more out there flippin buffet coupons?  That's Vegas. You think you can change it? And what are you doing with a child down there anyhow? More than once a year to go on some rides might be more than you would find me doing.

QUESTION: I know, you're right, there is more than the porn flippers. I don't have the rest of those you mentioned in my face. We don't regularly bring our son downtown, but we do visit Vegas and we do bring him to shop or see a show. It seems the city is trying to make Vegas more family friendly and they should at least ban the porn flippers :)

Answer
Well, you won't get much sympathy from anyone frankly.  It is an annoyance that you can easily avoid since you don't live or work on the strip.  Try to concentrate of some of the larger problems of the World.  That would be my advice.  But thanks for writing

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Glenn A. Dorfman