Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/Slip and fall


Picture of back
Picture of back  
Hello Edward I'm Dominique and I'm seeking legal advice. Last week Wednesday I was coming out my apartment and I took 2 steps, slipped and hit my back on a metal plate by my door. The pain was terrible and unbearable. I had to go to the emergency room. I've seen them mop right outside the apartment, which is tile, several times never putting up a wet floor sign. My fiancÚ came and took me to the hospital after reporting it to the complex. They neglected to even respond. The doctor said nothing was broken and it was only sprained. Why am I in so much? I can barely walk or even hold my back up straight. What should I do as far as legal matters? It's been a week and my back is still swollen and bruised. And I'm sure I'm going to have to pay a portion of my medical bills. Attached is a photo of how it looks now.

Unless the injury is more serious, Dominique, you will likely not get an attorney to help. Slip and fall cases are difficult typically.

The best bet may be Small Claims Court in your city.

Be aware that there are short time limits called Statutes of Limitation in every state. File immediately if you continue to have problems.

Good Luck

Ed Smith

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Edward A. Smith


California Personal Injury lawyer with 18 years of experience handling automobile accidents, dogbites, slip and fall cases as well as medical malpractice cases will answer your questions regarding these areas. Valuestar Certified. Author of "Top 20 PI sites on the Internet" for Law Office Computing Magazine.

©2017 All rights reserved.