Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/injury

Question
i got cut at my customers house about 4 months ago.their home owner insurance isn't going to pay for me to get a plastic surgen.can they do this?and how can i get them to do this.

Answer
For goodness sakes Ann, how can I answer that question without knowing (1) what were you doing at the house? (2) How did you get cut?  (3) Where on your body were you cut and how badly?

Let try some hypotheticals:

What if you were a housecall hairdresser for elderly women and you cut yourself with your own scissors?  You think the customer's insurance would or should pay for that? Ditto if you were doing carpentry or even interior decorating or whatever.  LEGALLY, NEITHER THE HOMEOWNER HERSELF OR HER INSURANCE COMPANY OWE YOU ANYTHING, EVEN IF YOU WERE KILLED ON THE PREMISES UNLESS THE HOMEOWNER WAS NEGLIGENT AND THIS NEGLIGENCE CAUSED YOUR INJURY.  IN OTHER WORDS, THERE MUST HAVE BEEN A CAUSE TO YOUR INJURY THAT THE HOMEOWNER KNEW ABOUT OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT AS A DANGER TO PEOPLE COMING TO THE HOME BUT FAILED TO WARN ABOUT THE DANGER OR FAILED TO REMOVE THE DANGER.
THAT IS THE LAW. GET IT?  SAME IF YOU FELL ON YOUR FACE AND FRACTURED YOUR SKULL WALKING DOWN THE STEPS TO THE HOUSE.  UNLESS THERE WAS SOMETHING DANGEROUS OR DEFECTIVE ABOUT THE STEPS, AND ALL YOU DID WAS TRIP OVER YOUR OWN SHOELACES, THE HOMEOWNER AND THE INSURANCE COMPANY OWE YOU NOTHING.

Then there is the matter of you wanting plastic surgery.  Did you get a scar on your face?  Are you a face model for some magazine? Was it a little scar on your pinky?  How can I give you a serious and helpful answer without knowing these things?????????  Write again if you like.  

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Glenn A. Dorfman