Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/safeway/slip fall/prognosis lose limb/not related

Question
slip & fall
slip & fall  
WARNING: picture is graphic

I slipped in water in freezer section 15 min to closing where 2 employees were stocking frozen sec w/no signs. Landed on Knee, damaged veins, developed venous stasis ulcer, had surgery, hosp for sepsis. Wound opens to cover ALL 1/2 of LLleg. Been 4 yrs, still have wound, only thing I do have. Did mediation. My atty says wound b/c sometimes I retain water so settle for 2500$.
I refused and know what went wrong. They deposed kaiser Dr who didn't know anything but that there was a fall in my past. I have had 3 vascular surgeons and multiple urgent care Dr's. No one says anything but damaged veins that leak blood. Have 5-6 US's that map it out. I never thought they deposed KP Dr's so I never told him and didn't file til day before 2 yr mark. I wanted leg to just be better.

Don't they have obligation to be sure Dr knows about incident before asking for medical certainties? "See that wound? did fall cause that? Can you imagine what might?"

Please, I need an atty who knows how to advocate for client. I get no treatment and Wells Fargo took home of 35 yrs I'm fighting to keep despite pain @ immobility. I have all med records and they will pay for hip injury. Doubt they can say this body part but not that 1. They expected me to buy it all, even got mediator I know. All very upset I wouldn't settle. I don't care if they think I'm an idiot, I'm not, but need decent atty to finish this case.
Thank you for your patience and time. Sorry if long but I'm desperate.

Answer
Sorry for the delay but I was out of town and without Internet access.

slip & fall

Well, there needs to be an MD who testifies that to a reasonable medical certainty or more probably than not..that your injuries resulted from the accident OR that you had a pre-existing medical condition that was aggravated or activated from the accident.
This is what you need to prove to recover.

What a good attorney would do it outline all your records, make up a timeline and show Dr, date by date your medical records, any photos of your fall, the medical record from time of fall and forward and then ask him or her questions about medical causation.

Hopefully, the attorney would have met with the treating Dr before deposition and go over your prior records with him before his depo.

If you let me know the city and state you're in, I'll try to get you the name of a really good Trial attorney in your area.

Ed Smith

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Edward A. Smith