Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/personal injury at large chain store

Dear Sirs:
  I fell in December at a large chain store and fractured my cuboid bone in my foot.  I slipped in the produce isle on some greens that had fallen on the floor while the area was being stocked and was never cleaned. when I fell I had to have a customer find someone to help me at this chain as no one was around. I was told an ambulance couldn't be called because I was awake and not bleeding. One of the store managers finally arrived and had me try to get up an lead on the produce area until they could get a chair for me to sit on. Finally they brought one of the motor wheel chairs to me to get on they took my information down and told me I would have to get a ride to the ER if I wanted to go. I had to call work and have someone leave work to come and get me and bring me to the ER. At one point in the store the manager was yelling at the little old lady who does the cleaning and telling her that she had said she was supposed to have been cleaning the area every hour on the hour. Mind you this is the same lady they made wait with me by the door until my ride could pick me up. The elderly lady told me that she had been in the bathrooms cleaning all morning and never got to get out there to clean at all. I had to be on crutches until mid February and was wearing the "boot" until mid march. I had gone to therapy from January 2nd until end of February for my foot. I was told by my Dr that I have RSD from nerve damage as it has compressed my cuboid bone.I now have to go to PT for my back as from wearing the "boot" on my foot has messed up my back also and was told that this could also be from my fall. This happened just before Christmas and totally ruined it! What  are the chances that I will be able to be compensated for my medical bills and pain and suffering as I still have horrible pain in my foot.  My PT told me I will always have pain and the RSD can come back at anytime.

I practice law in New York and have handled many cases similar to yours.  The question of whether or not you are entitled to be compensated depends upon the law in the State where you live.  I suggest that you consult with a local attorney as soon as possible in order to discuss your legal rights.

I hope you recover quickly.

Carol L. Schlitt

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Carol L. Schlitt

I am a New York personal injury attorney with over 20 years experience handling car accident and motor vehicle cases, slip and fill cases, medical malpractice, premises liability, pedestrian and bicycle accidents and personal injury cases. I have been named Municipal Attorney of the Year in New York City and had my cases listed among Top Ten Verdicts in New York. I publish the leading legal blog, New York Law Thoughts. I am active in the New York Trial Lawyers Association, and the Bar Associations of the Bronx, Brooklyn and Suffolk.

I am a New York personal injury attorney with over 20 years experience. I previously served as Associate Corporation Counsel in the New York City Law Department and was named New York Municipal Attorney of the Year. I served as Lead Trial Counsel for Manhattan Law firm of Acito and Klein. I have led my solo law practice for over ten years focused on personal injury and medical malpractice awards. My cases have been listed among the Top Trial Verdicts. I publish the leading legal blog, New York Law Thoughts. I am active in the New York Trial Lawyers Association and the Bar Associations of the Bronx, Brooklyn and Suffolk and I serve as a judge in the national collegiate moot court competition. I am admitted to practice in New York and the Federal District Courts, Eastern and Southern Districts.

• American Trial Lawyers Association • New York State Bar Association • New York State Trial Lawyers Association • Bronx Bar Association • Brooklyn Bar Association • Suffolk County Bar Association • Holy Cross Alumni Lawyer’s Guild • St. John's University Alumni Association • National Association for Female Executives

My writings have appeared in Newsday, The Long Islander, the Times of Huntington and the legal blog, New York Law Thoughts.

I received my undergraduate degree from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts and graduated from St. John’s University Law School. I have taken graduate courses at New York University.

• Named Municipal Attorney of the Year • Cases listed among the Top Ten Verdicts in New York State • My blog, New York Law Thoughts, has been listed as one of the leading U.S. Law Blogs

I have had hundreds of clients over my 20 plus years as an attorney. All of my current clients are individuals living in the New York metropolitan area (Brooklyn, The Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester). I can provide references upon request.