Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/slip fall

I have a permanent venous statis ulcer on low leg from veins damaged when hurt my knee when slipped. Pre paid legal got me a former criminal defense atty who wanted me to settle for a hip injury and forget the leg. The atty quit then did wthdrwl motions, 8 months worth b/c he couldn't do a POS or serve right.

I've only talked to a few attys b/c I'm afraid I'm being blackballed. This atty filed emails between his office and me plus so much that violated my rights he should be hung. The admissions even say I'm to admit to committing fraud and I know my atty told the defense that for a fact. I don't know how to do this case in pro per. I'm perm disabled and broke from trying to save my condo of 34 yrs from WFHM. I know the medical and it says nothing other than the fall for cause. They took my GP Dr's depo but he didn't even know I'd hurt more than my hip in fall. He guesses all the way b/c he didn't know I hurt knee.

Medical should be high w/surgery and hospitalized w/infection. Please can you suggest anyone or way I can get help?

thank you.

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you are having. If I understand the facts from your description, you suffered a hip and knee injury in a slip and fall. You retained an attorney who filed suit and also sought to negotiate a settlement, You received a settlement offer, but you were not satisfied with the offer. You are also not happy with the course the case is taking in the legal procedures. Much of your discontent seems to surround the handling of your knee injury.  

I can only suggest that you try to dins an attorney who would take your case and whom you can trust. If you need help finding an attorney, you might contact your county bar association for a referral or do a search on some of the online directories such as or

I hope this helps.  

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Carol L. Schlitt

I am a New York personal injury attorney with over 20 years experience handling car accident and motor vehicle cases, slip and fill cases, medical malpractice, premises liability, pedestrian and bicycle accidents and personal injury cases. I have been named Municipal Attorney of the Year in New York City and had my cases listed among Top Ten Verdicts in New York. I publish the leading legal blog, New York Law Thoughts. I am active in the New York Trial Lawyers Association, and the Bar Associations of the Bronx, Brooklyn and Suffolk.

I am a New York personal injury attorney with over 20 years experience. I previously served as Associate Corporation Counsel in the New York City Law Department and was named New York Municipal Attorney of the Year. I served as Lead Trial Counsel for Manhattan Law firm of Acito and Klein. I have led my solo law practice for over ten years focused on personal injury and medical malpractice awards. My cases have been listed among the Top Trial Verdicts. I publish the leading legal blog, New York Law Thoughts. I am active in the New York Trial Lawyers Association and the Bar Associations of the Bronx, Brooklyn and Suffolk and I serve as a judge in the national collegiate moot court competition. I am admitted to practice in New York and the Federal District Courts, Eastern and Southern Districts.

• American Trial Lawyers Association • New York State Bar Association • New York State Trial Lawyers Association • Bronx Bar Association • Brooklyn Bar Association • Suffolk County Bar Association • Holy Cross Alumni Lawyer’s Guild • St. John's University Alumni Association • National Association for Female Executives

My writings have appeared in Newsday, The Long Islander, the Times of Huntington and the legal blog, New York Law Thoughts.

I received my undergraduate degree from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts and graduated from St. John’s University Law School. I have taken graduate courses at New York University.

• Named Municipal Attorney of the Year • Cases listed among the Top Ten Verdicts in New York State • My blog, New York Law Thoughts, has been listed as one of the leading U.S. Law Blogs

I have had hundreds of clients over my 20 plus years as an attorney. All of my current clients are individuals living in the New York metropolitan area (Brooklyn, The Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester). I can provide references upon request.