Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/Slip and fall incident

Question
Firstly,
Thank you for your time.

My question, I slipped on a city housing property ( ice )subsequently fracturting my foot and suffering a Wad 2 ankle sprain. I also during the fall received a scar on my forearm that is said to be permenant. I had the cast on for 12 weeks as it was not healing properly and sadly developed achilled tendonitis as well. My back when I fell was hurt and have had to get botox injections in my back to release the muscles. this will be done evey 3 months for the unforeseen future.

I have advised the city and they have an adjuster on my case but, nothing is happening. Its like im just being left to my own devices, is this norm and do I have a good case? P.S. I have had pictures taken within a day of the accident and every month as even after the incident they did not shovel. They said they had hired a 3rd party company who was responsible and thus they were suing this 3rd company for my injuries and there negligence.

Sincere thanks for any advise and as well, can you tell me if I have a case if you believe its substancial? Im 41 years old female, was heading to job interview when incident happened.

Answer
Colleen,

I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having receiving compensation for your skip and fall.  If I understand correctly, you live in Ontario and your question concerns a local housing authority. While I would like to help I practice law in New York and am not licensed nor knowledgeable enough to answer a question about Canadian law.

I recommend. That you seek the guidance of a local personal injury attorney.  

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Carol L. Schlitt