Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/demand

Question
do a demand letter have to be accurate? the way the injury was said to happen was not correct. claim was denied. can the letter be use if a lawsuit is filed?

Answer
Howard,

I am sorry to hear that you have had some problems with the claims process.  Frankly, I am confused and do not understand your question.  It is unclear to me who sent a demand letter to whom.  If you have an attorney, you should discuss this with him or her.

I see from your note that you are from Indiana.  I am a New York lawyer and am not licensed to practice in Indiana so I can not give you any advice about laws in Indiana.  If you do not have an attorney, you should consult one in your area.

I wish you well.

Carol L. Schlitt
carol@SchlittLaw.com
The Schlitt Law Firm
79 Wall Street
Huntington, NY 11743
P 631-425-9775
P 800-660-1466
F 631-415-5004
Check out our web site: www.SchlittLaw.com Check out our legal blog: NewYorkLawThoughts.com Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SchlittLawFirm Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SchlittLaw

This material is intended for informational uses only. It is not meant as legal advice. To receive legal advice, you should consult an attorney. Remember, past results do not guarantee similar outcomes in the future.

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Carol L. Schlitt