Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/Files

Question
my question, is their anything wrong with me asking my lawyer for a copy of my files for my records?

Answer
Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.  I understand that you are in Indiana, I am not licensed in Indiana.  However, in Minnesota, the rule is that the file the attorney has IS the client's file.  If a client wants his or her file, the attorney HAS to give it to the client without charging for it - even if the client owes money it cannot be withheld.  I CANNOT say that that is the rule where you are as I am not an IN attorney.  Regardless of the rules, it is a good idea to look at your file and know what is in there.

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Thomas Hurwitz