Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/witness

Question
I fell in a parking lot. a man saw me fall he went into the store and got some help and the store employees help me into the store and they called the ambulance. the manager wrote a report, but I was not able to get it because I went to the hospital. When I got a lawyer I ask him to get the report so we could get the witness name he said he did not think we need it because the insurance company accepted liability, but after getting the demand letter they are now denying liability I had surgery. Should my lawyer have gotting the witness information?

Answer
Howard,

I don't know where you live but generally a landowner does not have a duty to provide an incident report until litigation.  It is common practice for a landowner to refuse to provide the incident report unless compelled to do so.

It would have been nice to get the witness' information but your lawyer should be able to get it after filing a lawsuit.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.