Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)/Accident at Sam's Club

I was walking out of Sam's Club and a gust of wind blew the big metal gas sign into me from behind knocking me to the ground.  I was carrying my daughter and landed on my left knee and elbow.  It doesn't seem like anything is broken or torn, but both my knee and elbow are swollen and bleeding...very, very sore.  Should I continue taking pictures to document the increase swelling? Should I expect anything from Sam's Club due to the minimal injury?  They said they are forwarding the video and report to the claims department, is there anything I should be doing while they review?

My experience with Walmart is that they are somewhat difficult to deal with.  You should document everything, including the reason the sign knocked you to the ground.  For instance, it was not anchored properly.  I suggest you do not give a recorded statement to Sam's Club or its insurer.

I would see if you have any injuries by going to your doctor.  I would also suggest you contact an attorney since I think you may have a difficult time dealing with Sam's Club.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Personal Injury Law (Accidents/Slip & Fall)

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

I am a personal injury trial attorney who is licensed in Arizona, Colorado (inactive) and the District of Columbia (inactive). I am also licensed with the Distrcit Court of Arizona, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.

I am a Certified Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and am Certified as a Speciailst in Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation by the Arizona State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. I was the Special Assistant to the Attorney General for the State of Arizona in the national litigation against the tobacco industry. I handle complex civil litigation inlcuding pharmaceutical liability and professional malpractice.

I can answer questions regarding injury law (accidents, malpractice, product liability) and wrongful employment practices.

For more information, please view my website at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM

I have been a civil trial attorney attorney since 1989 with a master's degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy regarding comparative ethics.

State Bar of Arizona
State Bar of Colorado (inactive)
District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
Federal Bar
Licensed in Arizona District Court
Licensed in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Licensed in the United States Supreme Court
American Bar Association
National Board of Trial Advocacy
Association of Trial Lawyers of America
American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
Kennedy Institute of Ethics
National Association of Realtors

A list of my copyrighted publications and presentations is contained at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM

Bachelor of Arts 1985
Juris Doctorate 1989
Master of Arts in Bioethics 2004
Doctorate of Philosphy 2006

Phi Beta Kappa
Multiple Who's Who
Southwest Superlawyers
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
AZ Magazine Top Lawyers