Personal Investment & Financial Planning Q`s/INVESTMENTS AFTER 60


Mr. Smith Hi,  IM Looking to retire soon and Im Trying to figure where to invest money that was in. long term CDs.  CD's are not paying much,  Bonds and stocks are starting to move down and ANNUITIES are long term.  Do you have any idea where a person over 60 should invest their money  for say 3 to 5 year term .  Thanks Ken

Hi. I realize the difficulty in taking $$ from longer dated CDs and now having to reinvest in a such a low interest rate environment. However, the answer to your question is a difficult one since this is dependent on your specific financial situation, risk tolerance and what is most important to you. An option to consider if you are looking for a fixed return while managing risk is something called "bullet shares" which are offered by Guggenheim investments. You can go to their website to learn more about then. These are mutual funds that have a set maturity date and consist of individual bonds that are held until maturity. The rate being offered is better than a CD but not as risky as an open ended mutual fund which is subject to interest rate risk. If you have additional questions, please let me know. I hope this helps.

Personal Investment & Financial Planning Q`s

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John D Smith, CFP


I can answer detailed questions regarding mutual fund investing, retirement planning, education planning and related comprehensive wealth management and investment concerns.


I have been providing fee only investment management and comprehensive wealth management services for the past 19 years.

I have a degree in Financial Planning & Counseling and I am also a Certified Financial Planner practitioner.

©2017 All rights reserved.