You are here:

Personal Investment & Financial Planning Q`s/parents helping disabled adult son stay in home


Hello, I am 38 years old.male, I am disabled and get S.S. disability payments.$739 A MONTH, OF WHICH, $104 GOES TO PAY FOR

MEDICARE.  I live in New York in nassau county.  I live at home.  Both parents are still alive, IN THEIR 70'S  and they own

the house   How can my parents and I plan for my future financial concerns. Assuming I stay in the house after they pass.  

How do I pay for ALL ALL ALL expenses.-- Taxes, Insurances, utilities etc.. and spending money. What steps can my parents

and I take to start investing now for my retirement or more likely, for when my parents are gone. There is still a good

possibilty of me working in the future. but of course that's depending on various medical conditions. Thank you for any


Hi Jon. I would love to answer your questions and help if I can, however, the question above asking "what steps you and your parents can take for your retirement" is such a general question that it is difficult to answer. There are many different steps once could take and the right steps if dependent on many factors unique to them and what they are trying to accomplish. If you have a specific question or specific questions, please respond and I will do my best to answer. Thanks,

Personal Investment & Financial Planning Q`s

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John D Smith, CFP


I can answer detailed questions regarding mutual fund investing, retirement planning, education planning and related comprehensive wealth management and investment concerns.


I have been providing fee only investment management and comprehensive wealth management services for the past 19 years.

I have a degree in Financial Planning & Counseling and I am also a Certified Financial Planner practitioner.

©2017 All rights reserved.