Personal Investment & Financial Planning Q`s/brokerage

I am considering changing brokerage firms, but I want to leave my money in the same mutual funds. When I change will there be a fee? Do I have to sell the funds?

You should do the homework with the new broker for answers

But generally there is about a $75 fee to close an account at most firms

If the new firm will accept the funds you shouldn't have to sell. Definitely discuss why you would want to or not want to sell funds before the commitment. That is a loaded discussion

Good Luck

Personal Investment & Financial Planning Q`s

Bruce Julien

I can answer questions on and raise issues clients overlook in the areas of Estate Planning as far as taxes and distribution flow problems, Asset Management as far as appropriateness of assets and allocations for a desired goal and the value a consumer gets for their costs, Tax Planning related to Income and Estates, and Insurance/Annuity questions particularly in light of suitability to the consumer.

I became a CPA in 1991 and began offering financial advice in 1992. I am a Registered Investment Advisor which means I sign off on putting clients' interests first in a fiduciary role.

BA in Accounting, University of Maryland 1990