Personal Investment & Financial Planning Q`s/Windfall Funds


Semper Paratus wrote at 2015-05-07 12:20:53
In this situation, I am not so sure that I would not have advised the reader to open up a Treasury Direct account--and keep the money in short-term Treasury Bills (T-Bills). He could stagger the T-Bill maturities or match the maturity of the T-Bill(s) purchased with the time horizon that he thinks he would need to convert the T-Bills back into cash. FDIC insurance is only so good as the GOOD FAITH AND CREDIT OF THE UNITED STATES---but so is the default risk of a Treasury Bill. BTW-- Neither will be currently paying a high rate of interest at this writing ! Semper Paratus

Personal Investment & Financial Planning Q`s

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John D Smith, CFP


I can answer detailed questions regarding mutual fund investing, retirement planning, education planning and related comprehensive wealth management and investment concerns.


I have been providing fee only investment management and comprehensive wealth management services for the past 19 years.

I have a degree in Financial Planning & Counseling and I am also a Certified Financial Planner practitioner.

©2017 All rights reserved.