Personal Investment & Financial Planning Q`s/Use before or after taxes for retirement

Bruce, I am 66 fully retired and on SS.  My wife works part time is 65 and not yet on SS.  We have $600K in IRA's and $600K in investments.  We need $32K annually to supplement income. Would it be better to withdraw from IRA accounts or after tax investment accounts?  Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.  Walter

Hi Walter

It is actually a bit more cpomplicated than most people think as there are a lot of variables and some of them, only you can answer or form your own strategy

There are SS strategies to consider and financial planning things to consider. You do need to sit with someone who can handle all the issues. I could run it for you but I am in NJ. I know a planner Tom Lowry in GA who could talk to you if you are so inclined to reach out again. 678-638-6363

You have tax, SS and investment issues in addition to not running out of money. Too involved for this forum. You would be shortchanged.

Let me know how it works out if you speak; either way good luck!

Personal Investment & Financial Planning Q`s

Bruce Julien

I can answer questions on and raise issues clients overlook in the areas of Estate Planning as far as taxes and distribution flow problems, Asset Management as far as appropriateness of assets and allocations for a desired goal and the value a consumer gets for their costs, Tax Planning related to Income and Estates, and Insurance/Annuity questions particularly in light of suitability to the consumer.

I became a CPA in 1991 and began offering financial advice in 1992. I am a Registered Investment Advisor which means I sign off on putting clients' interests first in a fiduciary role.

BA in Accounting, University of Maryland 1990