Peru/Peru travel

Hi Demas,

My friend and I will be travelling to Peru in September for 5 weeks. We are arriving at Santiago, where we would like to spend the first two days.

We then want to go to Paracas Island, Nazca, Lake Titicaca, Cusco and we are booking the Inca Trail (not necessarily all in that order). We would like to be based in Cusco for two/three weeks and do trips out so that we can acclimatize before doing the Trail.

What do you advise is the best route to take from Santiago to Cusco, and what would be the best order to take in the places that Ive mentioned., keeping in mind we want to be based in Cusco for a couple of weeks.

We are very keen to travel by train were ever possible is there a rail link to get us there? If not what mode of transport do you suggest?

Thank you

Good morning .- Thanks you for to be in contact with us. this is the reply to your request :

1.- From Santiago to Cusco  .- The best options is get a domestically fly from Santiago  to Arica
   from them minibus to Tacna ( Peru around 40 minutes )...

2.- Tacna to Arequipa by bus ( 7 hrs. )  Arequipa nice town .... Arequipa Puno ( 5 hrs. ) ...
   visit the titikaka lake .....

3.- From Puno to Cusco train is the best options around 9 hrs. beautiful lands capes

4.- Inca trail is a good trekking ... but is many touristic & commercial there is another trek
   that is called Inca Jungle Trail this is perfect !! : Inca trails , hot springs, biking
   forest trails.... and Machupicchu check :

Please if do you have same more questions ask me :

Have a nice new year !!

Arturo Medina  

Dimas Medina

All the questions about : * itineraries, costs, organization, especially for economy * climate, economy issues, currency exchange. _ No * politics, religious issues

I am a experts about Peru traveles ( especially in the news alternatives trek to Machu Picchu ) All my help and expertise in this area I work about 8 years ago, and my support for travelers who want to know the economy to visit the wonder of the world

University studies, seminars for rural tourism, English course