Peru/Getting to machu Picchu

Another question, are there local buses from Aguas Calientes to Santa Teresa? THX!

Hi again,
There are no buses between Aguas Calientes and Santa Teresa as there is no road. Half the journey can be made by road, and the other half by train or walking. The Hydro station is the middle point, that's where the road ends, and the train tracks start.

Again, be cautious about this trip. If you can, take the train both ways instead. It is cheaper if you take the train from Ollantaytambo roundtrip.

Have a safe journey,

Ivan Gallegos

Information on destinations in Peru like Machu Picchu, Cusco, lake Titicaca, Arequipa, Paracas, etc.; and activities like the Inca Trail, the Salkantay trek, the Colca Canyon trek, etc.

I'm a tour guide in Peru and I know very well the main tourist destinations like Machu Picchu, the Inca trail, Cusco, lake Titicaca, the Nazca lines, etc. I love outdoors and I have hiked many times the Inca trail and the Colca canyon (the 2nd deepest canyon in the world). I also know the best places to go like restaurants, coffee shops, bars, pubs, and nightclubs in many cities of Peru.

Master in Business Administration with 12 year of experience in the travel industry.