Pest Control/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
bed bugs preferences?3/21/2017Jack DeAngelis
  Q: i want to ask if bed bugs prefer certain people over others. i go to my boyfriend's family's ...
  A: Amber, People differ in how much they react to bed bug bites so you may be especially sensitive. ...
Wasps3/20/2017Jack DeAngelis
  Q: We live in southeastern Nebraska and we have always had wasps around. We moved about 3 years ago to ...
  A: Erin, Can you describe the nests you are finding, or better yet post a photo? Are the nests ...
Fleas3/14/2017Jack DeAngelis
  Q: Do you know about fleas? Specifically, why they bit some people and not others. I have a flea ...
  A: Joyce, Two different things may affect getting flea bites. Some people are naturally more ...
mice3/14/2017George E Serdes
  Q: ...about 5 or 6 yrs. ago we had mice. As one exterminator said you never have a mouse you have ...
  A: Sorry to hear of your troubles. That exterminator you mentioned was right, if you see one, there are ...
Carpet beetles issue3/12/2017Jack DeAngelis
  Q: I live in a small flat in the UK. About a month ago I noticed some small varied carpet beetles (been ...
  A: Mus, No need to be overly anxious about carpet beetles as they are completely harmless. However, it ...
Drainage insects1/20/2017George E Serdes
  Q: I am based in Mumbai, India. I have recently found that small flying insects are accumulating in ...
  A: I know of no repellent that would be effective against these insects. One method that could give ...
Drain worms1/19/2017Steve Oswalt
  Q: I found small black worms in my bathtub.They look identical to the pictures i saw on the internet of ...
  A: No health problems from worms, Life cycle Three weeks. That is all the time the drain fly has to ...
booklice!!1/17/2017George E Serdes
  Q: I hope you can help me, I am in the UK and have a woodwind instrument (oboe) which I have to ...
  A: What we refer to as 'booklice' are NOT lice at all. They are an insect known as a psocid. These ...
Rodent Infestation1/8/2017George E Serdes
  Q: We've had issues with mice this year, they found their way into my closet. They've done some ...
  A: You don't say why you aren't sure they are gone. What did you do to get rid of them? If you haven't ...
worms or larvae ?1/1/2017Jack DeAngelis
  Q: I found these worms-like on my apartment floor,They are brown around 1 to -1.5 cm long (0.39-0.59 ...
  A: May, This is the larval stage of a beetle. Unfortunately at this stage they can be very difficult ...
Tiny house bug12/29/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: Hey there! I have found roughly 20 of these in total, mostly dead, within the basement level room if ...
  A: Shelby, This is a weevil (beetle) that infests seeds and grains. Normally when they occur in homes ...
Roach11/15/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: I live in a single family home in rural South Carolina. I have never had an issue with roaches ...
  A: Sherri, The best option in this case is cockroach baits (see ...
german cockroaches in condo10/24/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: On bed rest on my first day home from surgery in August, someone had some flowers sent to me that I ...
  A: Cecillia, Cockroaches are very common in apartment buildings and attached condos (see ...
how to avoid rats getting in the hoiuse10/22/2016Steve Oswalt
  Q: .need to ask something about how to keep rats from getting into the house winter. last year it was ...
  A: Rats only need a hole the size of a quarter, or a gap that is about 5/8 inch to gain access to your ...
Identification of Egg10/20/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: I recently found a yellow egg in my bed that is identical to the ones in these pictures sent to Mr. ...
  A: John, I agree with Ed that the image in that question is not related to bed bugs, see ...
Attic Vent Protection Systems9/8/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: Aloha from Hawaii. We are most recently dealing with a been infestation in the attic of a ...
  A: Tom, I assume you are talking about soffit vents. Why not purchase plastic screen vents that fit in ...
Termite Bait Systems9/2/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: For the past 2 years I have had the Advance Termite Bait system (9 stations at approx 20 ft ...
  A: Edward, The Sentricon label I have calls for service every 2-6 weeks, not once a year. I think this ...
raccoons in my home8/25/2016Stephen Vantassel
  Q: for a week now I have a raccoon in the under belly of my trailer home &can hear it in the flooring ...
  A: Long answer with some repetition. READ ALL OF IT. First, know the laws in your state. Many people ...
Flies and beetles coming from bathtub drain and possibly from walls as well?8/24/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: The bathroom is situated on an outside wall of the house, so the shower wall is also the exterior ...
  A: JC, I think these are both phorid flies (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoridae and ...
QUESTION PEST ISSUE8/23/2016Steve Oswalt
  Q: Steve Hi, I have very small droppings bellow my wood shingles. Someone told me they are bat ...
  A: Kenny those look to be bat droppings. If you inspect the droppings you will see the ends are not ...
Indian meal moth source infestation8/17/2016George E Serdes
  Q: . Wondering if you could please help. Back in June 2013, I brought some perfume boxes home from my ...
  A: Kudos to you and yours for all the hard work you've done. Unfortunately, sometimes that's what ...
Indian meal moths, can't find source8/17/2016Steve Oswalt
  A: Cleaning Up an Infestation Most commonly, by the time the insects are noticed, they have already ...
Indian moth moths-can't find source8/17/2016Jack DeAngelis
  A: Linda, Once Indian meal moth becomes established they can be very difficult to completely eliminate ...
Wasps in Basement8/15/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: Over the past month, we noticed many wasps coming & going from a certain spot on our front porch. My ...
  A: Allison, If the initial treatment included sealing the nest's entrance hole that would explain why ...
Roaches/Harris tablets or borax8/9/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: I am not convinced. When you spray a roach with an insecticide, you see it die. There are tons of ...
  A: I don't have any references handy re: boric acid as insect control but it is generally accepted to ...
bed bugs7/18/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: Is this a bed bug? I've found three in almost two weeks and am becoming concerned.
  A: Heaven, No, this is are carpet beetle. See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/bed_bug.html for a bed ...
tinie tiny white bug7/13/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: Since April only in my Son's bedroom he his getting bit at night. He went on a trip to St.Louis so I ...
  A: Linda, The small white bug sounds like a mold mite (see ...
Moths7/10/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: We realized (last summer) the moths flying in our living area were pantry moths....a vigorous clean ...
  A: Angie, First, I think you are confusing meal moths (pantry moths) with clothes moths, the two are ...
Termites7/1/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: I just read a thread from 2011 where you commented; hoping you can help! I rent a home on ...
  A: Jennifer, If you examine the droppings with a magnifying glass do they appear to have ridges? A ...
What type of bird mite is this?6/30/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: A few days ago I started to find bird mites around my window, on my walls and on my bed. Since then ...
  A: Bekka, This looks more like a clover mite (http://www.livingwithbugs.com/clover_mite.html) than a ...
bug identification question.6/25/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: I found this bug crawling on my pillow case. I am not sure what kind of bug it is and im hoping it ...
  A: Izzy, Not a bed bug. This is a carpet beetle, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html ...
Bed Bugs?6/1/2016Steve Oswalt
  Q: I recently found out I had carpet beetles and found them in my spring mattress. I was paranoid ...
  A: I would safely say those are not from Bedbugs however I would invest in Bedbug proof mattress covers ...
Roaches and borax6/1/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: Curious about this. I trapped some baby roaches and a roach pill in a coffee can. Left it ...
  A: The roaches must eat the tablets to work and overnight might not be long enough. Try adding a source ...
Unknown bug5/31/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: In the past couple months, my daughter's recently built home in Texas has become infested with what ...
  A: Ed, Can you get a photo? Otherwise capture a few into alcohol using a damp cotton swab. Take the ...
Is this a bedbug?5/27/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: I have found this small brown bug in my bedroom. I am not sure is you are able to see this close ...
  A: David, No, this is a carpet beetle. For comparison, this is a bed bug ...
Boric acid and insects5/25/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: Two questions for you: -After a roach has eaten something laced with boric acid, how many minutes, ...
  A: Art, This question is a lot more complicated than it might appear. There are lots of factors that ...
Wasps getting into house5/23/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: I found a wasp on my dinette window today,and when I looked in the basement,there were two bees on ...
  A: Michael, Rather than trying to get in I think these wasps may be trying to get out. Reproductive ...
Hornet Nest5/22/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: What eats a hornet nest and hornets? The hornet nests on my property seem to get destroyed and the ...
  A: Patti, Birds will often do this with nests that are high like yours and skunks will destroy ground ...
A few more carpet beetle questions....5/19/2016Steve Oswalt
  Q: I've been battling what I've recently had confirmed are black carpet beetles for three years now. I ...
  A: Sorry for the delayed response Colleen. Yes dry steamers should be effective,Iron items. As far as ...
Black/Grey Mites5/16/2016Jack DeAngelis
  Q: The last month we've had a mite problem or at least we think they are mites. There are hundreds ...
  A: Carrie, I can't see enough detail to id. Your best option is to collect a few into alcohol using a ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

Top Expert on this page