Pest Control/Termites in my brother's appartment and he's due to move into a new house.

Lori wrote at 2008-09-24 19:31:31
Dry-wood termites can very well be in wood-framed furniture.  Dry-wood termites do not live underground and don't require moisture to survive.  There are some very good websites that detail dry-wood termites (pictures, signs of infestion, etc) if you want to Google them.

amanda wrote at 2013-03-16 17:29:51
i just recently opened a cardboard container of oatmeal too and out poured thousands of tiny white insects. i thought they were termites too. i have no idea though. they were only inside with the oatmeal. i looked in the cupboard and around where the oatmeal was sitting and there werent any of these insects. A little stange but i hope we can figure out what they are

Pest Control

Insect identification and control is my area of expertise.

I have a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Entomology and pest management. I have been collecting insects for 23 years. I work for the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension.

National Association of County Agricultural Agents International Scoiety of Arboriculture National Association of Extension 4-H Agents Epsilon Sigma Phi

International Society of Arboriculture monthly trade magazine (Plant Health Care) Gardening State by State Rockdale Citizen (newspaper) Indoors Outdoors weekly column

BS State University of New York College of Environemtnal Science and Forestry MPPPM University of Georgia

Distinguished Service Award in two professional associations