Pest Control/tiny brown bugs

SuzyQ wrote at 2010-07-14 02:39:41
I just opened a box of Rid-X and found the same little black bugs all over the Rid-X.  I just returned from my grandma's house whose bathroom was infested with these tiny bugs. I found the source was a half full box of Rid-X under her bathroom sink!  What a mess to clean up. We won't be buying Rid-X anymore!

karlaj66 wrote at 2011-04-28 15:13:23
I, too, discovered a myriad of these bugs in my Rid X. What are they putting in this stuff?

Jerri wrote at 2011-06-15 18:22:47
Today we experienced the same issue! I noticed bugs on a box of hair stuff I got from our cabinet...then looked around and saw the box of Rid-X we had was FULL of THOUSANDS of tiny brownish mites! They looked like tiny lice-like mini termites! UGH!!! I have seen several other posts online about folks finding bugs in their Rid-X as well - in several different states. I have just written to the company...will see what they reply with.

cf wrote at 2011-08-11 20:31:17
I also found these bugs in an unopened box of Rid-X. Not sure how long the box has been under the cabinet, at least a few months.

Lisa L wrote at 2011-08-20 21:16:47
I had the same thing happen to me with a big box of Rid-X powder. I've been using them for years but someone must be asleep at the manufacturing plant these days.

Norman wrote at 2011-09-15 01:42:09
we also had the bugs in our bathroom and they were coming out of the box. With all the other people complaining

,I don't see it coming from an infested store because off all the post all over the country we live in Tomball, Texas

LJ wrote at 2011-09-16 00:28:42
Thank Goodness for the Internet! It is good to know that we are not the only one with this infestation. We kept finding the little brown bugs all over our bathroom, and we finally found the main place they were coming from was the box of Rid-X. They are like little dark brown rice kernels and they seem to be hard to get rid of.  I have sprayed and removed everything from the bathroom, but I still keep finding them on the bathroom floor in the mornings.  Ugh!  We found several of them in our bed also.  No more Rid-X for us!

Scott & Tiffany wrote at 2011-10-11 23:01:12
Yea my Wife and I found the same thing. Put us down when the law suit comes up lol. We found a gazillion brown bugs in the box.....Really??? This was an open box because we were doing it in 3rd's per instructions. No telling how many are on "patrol" at the moment but at least we have removed the source.

Kimberly wrote at 2011-11-04 13:10:39
I just found an infestation of these bugs in our bathroom, it is safe to say yeah, it definitely came from the rid x.  I am hoping I gotten rid of it, I am still finding the bugs.

Tim Mcconnell wrote at 2011-11-12 22:40:44
We've got them also! I found them this morning in the laundry room.

At first I thought they were fleas from our dog and gave the poor

thing a flea bath, then while trying to vacume the entire room,I found the box of RID-X. It was covered with the tiny brown bugs and

a few thousand more inside.With a magnifying glass they apear to be

"Drugstore or Cigarette Beetles" I know they came from the RID-X

because I've never seen them in 30 years of living here.

Christina wrote at 2012-05-05 00:30:03
The same thing happened to us last night.  I went to use a box of ridx for the first time and it too was crawling with thousands of tiny brown bugs.  

Neal wrote at 2012-07-31 13:29:57
Us too.  Opened box of Rid-x under the sink.  We were using it per the instructions, in thirds, and had the last third left.  I noticed the "dust" was moving on a bottle of mouthwash before work yesterday morning.  Set it outside to deal with later.  Last night, I noticed the whole bathroom countertop was crawling.  Inside our drawers and, obviously, under the sink.  After seeing this post, the wife is no on the phone with the bug man before this gets out of control!  I think my infestation is still in the larvae stage since they are very light in color and much smaller than the pictures on google images of cigarette or drugstore beetles.

bugged out wrote at 2012-09-02 19:01:14
myself also, found a whole bunch, had a box 1/2 opened been killing these little bugs for quite some time now found out they were growing/ coming out from the rid/x box

Cj wrote at 2012-12-01 19:23:16
I have been having the same problem for months and by accident while cleaning undress my sink I found the source of the problem...... an open box of Rid-X.  I have been using this product for years and this is the first time I have had this problem. I just hope now that the box is gone and I have cleaned everything I wont see them again.

hudhwk wrote at 2012-12-04 10:17:22
same here. box of ridex was infested. Any answers to what these Damn bugs are? I'm still finding 20 a day to kill.

Dinodan wrote at 2013-01-25 14:57:25
I had the same thing happen about two years ago.  I found the bugs in  a brand new, unopened box that I had purchased only a week or two previously.  Rid-X uses wheat bran as filler, and I suspect that they got a batch that was contaminated.  I have recently started using Rid-X again and so far have not seen any more bugs.

Kelly Hunter wrote at 2013-02-07 02:42:23
Same thing here in Southwest VA. Using the box of Rid-X as instructed in thirds and the last 2/3 of the box was full of the little rice sized brown bugs. I'd been noticing them in the bathroom but didn't know where they were coming from until I went to treat the septic system. Glad to know I am not alone and hope these bugs don't carry any bacteria.  

wigged out wrote at 2013-04-15 03:37:54
I'm in NC and the same thing is going on under my bathroom sink.  I was just googling this to find out what kind of bug I have.  I removed everything from under my sink (including my Rid-X box) and have sprayed with Zodiac Flea killer (premise spray), even thought they are not fleas, way to small.  I did notice them in my Rid-x box also.  I will call the company tomorrow am to see what the have to say.  Does anyone know what type of bugs they are?

Sherrie wrote at 2013-04-27 01:54:04
I have been dealing with these tiny bugs for months in our bathroom. Finally identified them tonight as drugstore beetles. Decided to clean out the cabinets and shelves and located the source. The box of Rid-X! Hundreds of them!

Christine wrote at 2013-07-12 03:14:09
I thought all these little brown bugs were coming from outside or from one of my indoor plants.  I kept thinking it was bananas or fruit or something rotting, but knew that I didn't have anything lying around.  Then, last night, I could see a bunch of them on a plastic grocery bag that contained several unopened boxes of Rid-X.  Opened the bag and found the little critters crawling all over the place!  I tied the bag up and put it outside in the dumpster.  The question now is, how do I get rid of these little bugs???  Totally disgusting!

RidX Bugs Eating Me Alive! wrote at 2013-08-22 06:02:29
I have been dealing with this problem for 8 months now! My exterminator and my family think I'm crazy. They are so small and no one seems to see them when I try to show them. They bite just like fleas but you can barely see them. They are now in lent and all over the place. Not even an hour ago; after about 6 months of this; I found the source~ Rid X Box!!! OMG! These bugs literally are all over and I'm  curious as to my health. I have a meeting with my attorney this week, and I will tell him I finally figured out what they are~ Rid X! I literally have bloody scans on my scalp it is so bad! This started about 6/7 weeks ago. My home is infested & I don't know what to do! I'm in shock that a company puts this out and tells us to split a box in three parts. It was wrapped on Saran  wrap and still they came through! I had forgotten I had the last portion in the laundry room. The last time I used it was in December! The middle of January I started having problems. I didn't even have my dog yet. After I had my dog it just kept getting worse, and I just thought it was fleas. It's Louisiana and always humid and gets hot around April. By that time the infestation was horrible. I have tried everything to get rid of them. But how could anyone get rid of these little creatures when I had a box of RidX breeding them. My dog has been so clean and I still had them. They are still in all my closets, drawers, cabinets, etc!!! Now What?!?! I hope my attorney has answers! I caught a few bugs and put them in a glass jar! Also, took my RidX still wrapped in Saran Wrap and wrapped more Saran Wrap on it. Than put it in a large freezer bag to bring in. I have pictures and actual clothes to show who ever full of these bugs! I literally started rinsing and drying everything I was going to wear next! Even my night clothes because the bites would wake me. My son moved next door; my parents home; about a month ago, because we didn't know what it was. It's only my son & I that live here~ now only me! It's been a job to constantly worry about these RidX Blood Suckers!  My exterminator told me about four months ago to throw out my rig in my living area. I have all wood floors throughout, thank God! But that rug covered my whole living room and was a special order! So yes expensive! I'm besides myself right now! IN SHOCK!  

Axxxj wrote at 2014-06-27 20:12:54
I have the Same problem!! I was cleaning my grandpa's bathroom and they were everywhere!Hundreds of them!The source was from the Rid X box! Anyone know how do we get rid of the ones remaining?

hopetheinfestationisover wrote at 2014-07-19 03:13:18
Over a year ago I noticed small brown battle type bugs in my bathroom. In the year since I have sprayed, cleaned, fumigated and pulled my hair out. Also have gave my poor little indoor plants a nasty taste of chemicals, because I just knew those little bugs had to be coming from them. I would get rid of them for a few weeks then they were back. Tonight spraying again I moved the box of Rid-X from under the sink, I have no idea what possessed me to look inside of it. Unbeleiveable!!! It was completely full of bugs!

Even more unbelievable was then finding this page with all the other poor souls who have dealt with the same thing :(

ED wrote at 2014-10-08 15:38:00
I'm in N.H. also had these bugs everywhere yup came from a box of Rid-x tried everything to get rid of them cleaned and removed everything. What a pain in the butt. boy I'm angry and bitten all over. how can they put this product in the market with this defect.  

hoyamom wrote at 2014-10-18 03:40:10
This is the second time this happened to us..once hundreds of bugs in bathroom..went so far as to utilize a bug bomb, to no avail....finally checked RidX box....what a mess....now, hubs found what he thought was mice droppings in garage..traps,  blah, blah, blah..No mouse....looked in bottom of pantry..RidX doors it again... grrrrr.

HWagster wrote at 2015-02-18 15:11:53
Same thing here!  Never had a septic tank until recently, opened the box and bugs started jumping out on my counter.  What the ????  Is this normal?  Seems gross and odd!  

Steve wrote at 2015-03-10 05:11:38
So Cal. 3/9/15. Opened new box of Rid-X. Bugs inside box. Glad I discovered it before they got into my house.  

beetlephobic wrote at 2015-05-08 21:27:33
I million thanks for enlightening me about a million beetles.  Yes, RidX waa the source.  Now I have a fighting chance to combat them.  

Sai wrote at 2015-05-13 23:18:26
We had the same problem and source is the Rid-x. can anyone tell what they did after getting rid of the open box of Rid-x to help clear out the bugs?  

Scaredofbugs wrote at 2015-07-31 02:40:03
I too found some in Louisiana. Bought maybe 2 mths ago. Didn't realize rid x box was infested until I poured it in my toilet!! Are these going to crawl back up my drains?!  

Candi wrote at 2015-08-11 02:00:17
I had the same bug and same source the riddex box was full of them. I purchased the extra large box at the local SAMs club.  Riddex gone but bugs still appearing although not as many as before I got rid of the riddex.  I am in south Florida.

Susan wrote at 2015-09-03 20:11:43
I'm in NY on Long Island & I've been finding these tiny black bugs all over my bathroom. My husband set off a bug bomb & while cleaning up the many many dead bugs I discovered a box of RidX that was home to thousands of these bugs. I will never buy this product again. I am going to contact the company  

Erin wrote at 2015-10-07 18:16:37
Just found our source of the bugs. The rid-x box was crawling with them. I do admit I hadn't been using it like i should and the box sat opened for some time. Luckily the bugs are confined to one cabinet but now we have to try to clean everything in there off. Not cool.

Debbie wrote at 2015-10-11 07:53:38
I work at Home Depot and was facing the shelf where the Rid X was located and found hundreds of brown bugs crawling around the boxes of Rid X and all over the area. I had to remove 3 feet of merchandise to try to get rid of the mess. The boxes had no lining and were leaking the powder all over the shelf when I was cleaning up the mess of the mixture of brown bugs and the powder coming from the boxes. We had to dispose of 26 boxes of Rid X, at a cost of almost $12 a box as hazardous waste. The  fact that this company packages their product in a cheap cardboard box that leaks is ridiculous. This company should be sued. I had to waste an hour of my valuable time handling this problem instead of completing the work I needed to do. I am hoping I will be able to find a way to inform corporate of this issue and we will be able to remove this bug infested product from our shelves.  

Mike wrote at 2016-01-10 14:34:10
Nancy,I just opened up a ridx box,looked inside the box and there were bugs just like you described.I am 100 percent confident that they were in the box and not from somewhere else as I bought the box at home depot and opened it less than I hour later.Mike

Jennifer wrote at 2016-02-03 19:57:37
Wow!! Yup flippin Rid-x box under the kitchen sink!!!!!! Even my very awesome bug people didnt find it!! I ripped my entire house apart and found them in the open box of Rid -X . Never again.  

Jennifer wrote at 2016-02-03 20:04:59
Fyi... Once you find the source you absolutely must get rid of any and all pantry and spice cabinet items that have been opened or sitting for a while. Cereal breads flour oats crackers rice.. I even found them in my baking soda.then have a pro come and spray your house. The larvea take 30 to 90 days to become reproducing adults that will then continue the cycle so keep any new items sealed in containers or refrigerated.. Cigarette beetles are what these are and they LOVE grains and oh apparently Rid-X. I think i read it has wheat germ as a filler? Makes sense why the bugs like it. Must be pretty yummy i guess.

Jennifer wrote at 2016-02-03 20:05:09

Jane wrote at 2016-03-25 15:56:07
3/25/2016 We have been having these tiny brown bugs in our bathroom for months and have tried all kinds of things to get rid of them, nothing worked. Yesterday my husband was looking in the bathroom closet and found the box of rid-x on the top shelf and found the box and surrounding area was full of these bugs. OMG, I looked on the internet and found that we are one of many with this same issue. I'm just so frustrated it took do long to find the source.

kim wrote at 2016-05-11 03:04:09
I've been finding these little brown bugs on our toilet and cabinet.  After weeks I finally traced it to the box of Rid-x. There were thousands of them in the box.  I threw out my rugs and just about everything in the cabinet.  I can't believe that there is no warning on the box!  I just hope I can get rid of the infestation.

Sarah Lee wrote at 2016-07-23 15:37:52
The same thing happened to me today. I'm so glad I found them before they got out of the box

Mary wrote at 2016-07-25 12:16:35
After literally months of these bugs and having my exterminator out, I decided to take everything out of my linen closet. I started at the top and when I got to the box of Rid X I saw the tiny black bugs and took the box outside and opened it to check and there they were thousands of them. I got rid of the box and cleaned the linen closet. I will be calling Rid X today. The number i got from their site is 1 800 228-4722. Hopefully, they will help us.  

Pest Control

George Manning