Pest Control/trying to identify droppings

I found droppings, small white pellets, that show up under a wood bench/table (image attached).  I believe they are too small to be termite droppings. They show up occasionally and I cannot identify any place/hole/outlet they are coming from.  I should add that I live in Hawaii in a high-rise building.  The only animals that occasionally invade my apartment are German cockroaches and geckos, but these droppings don't look like those.  Many thanks for any help identifying them.

Hello Norbert,

If the droppings are appearing under the same piece of furniture....then that would be the origin....or maybe the wood floor below. I would have a licensed pest control company look at these droppings. It may be an infestation in the bench/table. If so simply fumigating the unit in a chamber or freezing it for 30 days will fix the problem. I would suspect a species of termite or wood boring beetle is the problem here, but having someone look at them in person will tell you for sure.It is quite common to have wood infesting insects in the wood when something is made and they don't emerge till later when the furniture is in use.

Any further questions please don't hesitate to follow up with me

Rene' Kesecker
Good Earth Pest Company
Corvallis Oregon

Pest Control

Rene Kesecker

I can thoughtfully and truthfully answer any questions that deal with insects or rodents that are entering or around structure, especially those found in the Northwest. Our company specializes in low impact pest management.

I have been involved in the pest management industry since 1981. My husband and I own The Good Earth Pest Company, which provides service to homes and businesses throughout the mid Willamette Valley. We are a second generation pest management firm. I served as the first woman president of the Oregon Pest Control Association and currently serve on the Professional Women in Pest Management council for the National Pest Management Association. Good Earth was the first company based in Oregon to be certified Quality Pro by the National Pest Management Association, meaning we have met of exceeded the high standards set by our industry leaders.

I am currently the Chairperson for both the Legislative and Scholarship committees for the Oregon Pest Control Association and a Member of National Pest Management Association where I serve on the Board of Directors and Professional Women in Pest Management Committee. We are Certified Quality Pro by the National Pest Management Association. Our company is a member in good standing of both Oregonians for Food and Shelter and Associated Pest Management.

I have assisted in the annual reviews and co-authored the Structural and Occasional Invader chapters of the Northwest Pest Management Guide, published by Oregon State University. I have assisted in the production of the Oregon Pest Control Association, Intergrated Pest Management Technician Training Manual, this publication is still in progress. My articles on pest management have been published in local newspapers such as Gazzette Times, Albany Democrat Herald and Itemizer Observer.

My formal training in the pest management field has come from years of experience and continuing education provided throughout the years by our state association, national association and leaders in our industry. Although I now manage our office I once worked in the field performing repairs, termite treatments and general pest control. I am still a certified applicator in the state of Oregon and activly partitipate in continuing education.

Certified Quality Pro by the National Pest Management Association. Our entire staff is held to the highest of standards having met or excedded benchmarks in areas such as enviromental stewardship, background checks on all empolyees, Safety and having drug free employees to name a few.

We currently manage many large condo complexes and provede pest management for a large firm that manages homes for the disabled. This requires highly trained technicians and office staff that can handle any situation human or pest related.