Pest Control/Chipmunks

We have identified droppings on our porch as coming from a chipmunk.  Everyday, we come home to dropings on the 2 steps leading into our home from a covered porch.  We have left  a light on, put moth balls on the stoop and even left fresh herbs in its path, and everyday, the droppings appear.  It's like they are having a party on our steps...there is so much "poop".  Why do they only "go" there and what can we do to discourage and change this disgusting habit?

Hi Dee

If I'm picturing your situation correctly I think you have mis-identified the droppings. Look directly above the area where the droppings are showing up. Is there a gable or a section of rake-board (on the house) above this area? Are any of these droppings stuck to the siding above where the area? It sounds like you're dealing with droppings that are falling out of a bat roost. I say this because 99% of the time I have someone call me with droppings on a deck, steps or anywhere around the perimeter of a house, its bats.

Let me know the answers to those questions. Feel free to post a picture of the area as well if you can take one.

Thank You

Matt Grady

Pest Control

Matthew Grady

Any and all questions regarding bats in houses, attics and chimneys. All questions in regards to bat guano in houses and removing bat guano from attics. All questions regarding squirrel removal, raccoon removal and skunk removal.

I am a Wildlife Control specialist with many years experience in the field. I specialize in bat removal and exclusion services.

Organizations National Wildlife Control Operators Association Better business bureau Bat Conservation International Massachusetts Audubon Society

Graduate from Microsoft Academy. 8 years experience owning and operating

United States Navy Umass Dartmouth Astors Beechwood Mansion, Newport RI CVS Pharmacy