Pest Control/Rodents in outdoor gas grill

I've been advised that shavings of "Irish Spring" bar soap is a natural repellant. Have you tried this ?

Dear John,

However, I Googled the concept of using Irish Spring as a repellent and several forums showed up discussing the use of Irish Spring as a deer repellent.

I can think of no reason why this would work - rats have highly efficient olfactory senses, but why the smell of a soap would repel them is beyond me.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to try it and see what happens...

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

Pest Control

George E Serdes

My knowledge is in the areas of structural insect or rodent pest problems. I do not know enough about lawn and garden pests to be of any help there...

I've retired from the pest control industry in Central Florida. I spent 15 years in all areas of the industry (sales, night technician, integrated pest management specialist, service manager, and branch manager for both National and local companies.

Formerly sat on the Florida Pest Management Association's Board of Directors (Region IV)

Retired Florida State Certified Pest Control Operator -