Pest Control/Sporicidin vs Removal and Restoration

Question
In a nut shell. "Heavy" rat infestation in attic. Owner of home not willing to spend money for attic restoration. Trapper recommending at least spraying attic (insulation, scat, beams, etc) with Sporicidin as a lower cost precaution. $200 vs $8,000-$12,000. Opinion?

Thank you!

Answer
Anyone spraying chemicals had better have a pesticide license, especially in California, one of the most highly regulated states in the country (in competition with NY).
What is the purpose of spraying? Disease control? What diseases? Homeowner peace of mind? Why sporicidin and not 10% bleach or other product? How is the product being applied? Mister, hand pump?

What does your health dept. say? Who will be entering the attic in the future? At least signage should be put up warning those who enter. Do I sound skeptical enough yet?

The question is what is the risk of exposure? If there is a risk will the product actually kill it and/or will time and the california enviroment kill the nasties if given enough time?

Notice there are LOTS of questions and few clear cut answers. Will a treatment hurt? Assuming its being done legally and properly, probably not. Will it actually accomplish the goal? Depends on what your goal is.  

Pest Control

Stephen Vantassel