Pest Control/Tiny brown bugs

We have noticed an increasing number of these bugs in the upstairs of our house.  They are mainly in the bathroom which is tiled ceiling to floor - and I am wondering whether they are attracted to the bright spotlights in there/ the water.  They are generally still/slow moving - and are found on the floor.  Although I have noticed some can fly.  They are now into some of the bedrooms - generally on the floor - although I have seen two or three on our bed!!!  There seem to be  rather a few on the wooden window ledge.
I have not noticed any downstairs - although we recently had the downstairs sprayed for woodworm prior to moving in.
Are these woodworm..?!! Please help - as whilst they are not generally that intrusive - having seen them on our bed it is disturbing my sleep!!!

(I am struggling to attach the image - can I email you directly..?)

These are beetles but not powderpost beetles (woodworm). The images are too small for a species id but they are likely either cigarette beetles or the closely related drugstore beetle (see for a close up picture). If you have dry pet food in this area it could be the source otherwise some type of stored/spilled food. See page cited for other control tips.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology