Pest Control/Drywood termites/ fecal pellets

Question
I have an older home, built 1956 in South Florida.  
If CHLORDANE was applied to my attic wood when legal, about
how many years should that treatment be effective?   Also, "sand"
falls to the tile floor around an interior wood door frame, but I
cannot see the source of the "sand."  Can what looks like sand
continue to fall LONG AFTER an infestation becomes inactive? I
don't see any sign of damage.
  Thank you!

Answer
Hello Paul,

On the Chlordane question....My career in pest management started in 1981, at that time I believe that the label only allowed sub-soil treatments for Subterranean Termites. I really can't answer your question as to the effectiveness of the product when used in the manner you describe.

Whenever you see suspected termite droppings inside a structure it's time to have the building inspected. Make sure you safe some of the sand-like material for them to look at. As for damage, you usually don't see the damage as the termites prefer to be away from the surface of any food or nesting areas so they are protected from the elements or predators.

I only know of a few companies in Florida....Massey, Petri and Fahey....you can try any of them who service your area.

Rene' Kesecker
Good Earth Pest Company
Corvallis Oregon

Pest Control

Rene Kesecker