Pest Control/Small oval dark brown bug with jagged markings

Image of bug
Image of bug  
Good afternoon,
I found this bug this morning, i am unsure if it came off of me or if it was already in the bathroom.
It is pretty small and dark brown with beige jagged horizontal lines across top of body.

Please help I am terrified its bed bugs

This is not a bed bug, it is a varied carpet beetle. See for pictures of bed bugs for comparison and see for info about carpet beetles found in homes.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology