Pest Control/Indoor insects

brown bug
brown bug  
I was wondering if you could identify this bug for me it's an indoor bug attracted to light and it can fly. Brownish color hard shell very small in size.
Thank you

The image is a little blurry but it looks like either a cigarette beetle or closely related drugstore beetle, see for pictures. Both beetles infest stored foods.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology