Pest Control/termites

Hi, I live on the top floor of a 3 story apartment complex and I've lived here for a few years.  However I started noticing tiny black specks multiplying on the top corner of my tub and inside  away from but near the drain around April. Notified management with samples for pest control then they disappeared, then I noticed a week ago some wings & a termite. Holes were drilled now I see more is that part of the process?

This does not sound like a normal termite situation. Take a look at these pages for general information. Have you had the termite you found identified? If you post a picture of this area of the tub I'd be glad to take a look.

Jack DeAngelis

Pest Control

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions about the control of pest insects, spiders, mites and related arthropods. These household pests include termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles, nuisance ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, wasps, and many others. I can also answer questions about using pesticides and other pest control tools such as baits and traps.

I am a retired university extension entomologist. I've taught and conducted research in urban and agricultural entomology. I've published over 70 extension publications, 20 research publications and several books about insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology