Pest Control/insect control

i will be buying glue boards for insect control.

1a)       what is the most favorite food (that i can place on top of the glue boards , which will have the best chance to wildly attract silverfish or firebrats)   that silverfish & firebrats love?          could you give me a list of the top 4 to 6 foods that they love the most?        i'd appreciate if you'd list  food that they love the absolute most, & then the 2nd most favorite food, etc....         

1b)      what are the top 2 or 3 foods that silverfish & firebrats are attracted to the most by smell?

2       lots of silverfish or firebrats have drowned in the kitchen sink that i filled  1/2 way with water.      can those insects be enticed to drink water that is mixed with a natural but toxic substance like boric acid?

3) if "yes" to question #2,      can you please tell me specific recipe(s) for me to make an enticing drinking solution (a natural solution - with no chemicals) that will kill the silverfish or firebrats?         such as: 1 teaspoon of boric acid plus 3 teaspoons of cane sugar plus 5 tablespoons of uncooked oatmeal plus 1 cup of water plus ????    i'm just guessing here - it's just an example...

4)    if you have other advice concerning natural ways to get rid of these pests & which are extremely effective,  if u have time to do so,   i'd appreciate your input.

i thank you kindly for your reply.
sincerely,       ben

Hello Ben!

Silver fish like to eat starchy foods, cereals, moist wheat flour, glue on book bindings and wallpaper, starch in clothing made of cotton or rayon fabric; outdoor individuals eat lichens

They are also super attracted to Green Dragon Roach Kill.

I would avoid drowning them and making homemade products. The results are always varied when I attempted to do so. My time was best used when I used baits and glue boards. I also to be on the safe side sprayed around the perimeter, and put natural lemon grass sprays inside.

This below link is a link to more control tips, and natural removal also.

How to get rid of silverfish:

<a href"">Silverfish Control</a>

Hope this helps!

My thanks,
The Bug Guy

Pest Control

Christopher A. Rice

I can identify and provide clear information on all insects. I can also provide Medical, Veterinarian Entomology insight. Also experience in arthropod management (biological and chemical) and history. Control tips on any of the following: Ants, Aphids, Bagworms, Bats, Bees, Beetles, Birds, Black widow spiders, Brown recluse spiders, Carpenter Bees, Carpet Beetles, Centipedes, Chipmunks, Cicada Killers, Cloth Moths, Cluster Flies, Cutworms, Deer, Drain Flies, Earwigs, Fleas, Flies, Fruit Flies, Gnats, Grasshoppers, Ground Hogs, Grubs, Japanese Beetles, Lice, Mice, Midges, Millipedes, Moles, Mosquitoes, Noseeums, Opossums, Pantry Beetles, Pantry Moths, Pantry Pests, Pill Bugs, Rabbits, Raccoons, Rats, Roaches, Scorpions, Silverfish, Skunks, Snails, Slugs, Sod webworms, Spiders, Sprintails, Squrriels, Termites, Thrips, Ticks, Voles, Weeds, Weevils, White Flies, White grubs.

I have about 10 years of experience in insect identification, pest control, and product recommendation.

Organizations (pest control) ID specialist at

All about articles @ for the following: Bed bugs, Ants, Cockroaches, Termites (pending), Rats, and Mice

Bachelors Degree in Biology, Minor in Chemistry Valdotsta State University Pest Management and history Insect identification Medical & Veterinarian Entomolgy