Pest Control/silverfish or firebrats

Question
QUESTION: i either have silverfish or firebrats.          i have tons of papers in over 40 2 foot boxes.         i don't want to use chemicals.          i talked to 2 pest control owners & they said that i can put plastic bags around the boxes & then put box in a large freezer for 3 days & then take out of freezer for 2 days & then repeat 3 times.          he said that it's not 100%.
1)  do you agree that the freezing will kill any silverfish/firebrat as an adult, teen or youngster?    yes or no

2)   will the freezing kill eggs?        yes or no

3)   if eggs survive freezing,   i guess i want to encourage the eggs to hatch.          how do i encourage eggs to hatch?     & in what environment (temperature & humidity,  etc.) does it take to enhance eggs to hatch?

4)   how many days does it take for eggs to hatch in the correct environment?

5)   after hatching,   will offspring be killed if put in freezing temperature?          

6)    will 32 degrees suffice or is lower temperature better?

7)    if lower temperature is advised,  what is ideal temperature to kill these silverfish or firebrats?

8)     i asked enough questions,  but if you have other low-toxic ways to kill these critters,  i will welcome your advice.

thank you kindly for your time & expertise.
sincerely,      charles

ANSWER: Hey Charles!
I am going to answer you question as best I can!!
I hope this is helpful!

1)  do you agree that the freezing will kill any silverfish/firebat as an adult, teen or youngster?    yes, you will kill some but not all.The temperature related treatments are always unsure. Even when your dealing with bed bugs. Insects are just so resistant and tough nowadays.  

2)   will the freezing kill eggs?       no, eggs are usually protected from temperature treatments and pesticides.

3)   if eggs survive freezing,   i guess i want to encourage the eggs to hatch.          how do i encourage eggs to hatch?     & in what environment (temperature & humidity,  etc.) does it take to enhance eggs to hatch? Usually heat and movement stimulate egg hatching.

4)   how many days does it take for eggs to hatch in the correct environment? They have short life cycles so it should be fairly quick.

5)   after hatching,   will offspring be killed if put in freezing temperature? Then the same question rises from this if they can survive long enough to reproduce this will continue.          

6)    will 32 degrees suffice or is lower temperature better? I think that should do all the damage it can do.

7)    if lower temperature is advised,  what is ideal temperature to kill these silverfish or firebats? Usually anything below 32 or above 112 will kill them.

How To Get Rid Of Silverfish

Know Where They Hide

This is important because the good Silverfish elimination relies on treating them at the source of the infestation. This is almost always near whatever food source they are using to survive. Knowing that they eat non-traditional things such as book bindings, and even some clothing materials, you may need to look for them and treat the infestation in areas such as closets and book cases.

Use The Right Pesticide

True that pretty much any pesticide will work for Silverfish control. However, you donate to use something that is incredibly strong to get rid of them right off the bat, as their infestations usually respond well to less powerful chemicals. They can even be killed quite effectively by using natural alternatives to pesticides such as Diatomaceous Earth or Boric Acid. These products are ideal for use in areas such as closets if you do not want your clothes to smell of pesticides or be contaminated with harsh chemicals.

Silverfish Traps & Baits Work Well

If you have a hard time locating the source or center of the infestation, you should consider using bait or traps to kill Silverfish bugs. This is guaranteed to work just as well as topical pesticides because these insects are completely driven by their desire to feed constantly.

Any bait that is formulated to attract other sugar seeking insects such as ants will work well against silverfish as well. One primary advantage of using Silverfish traps and baits is that it is a we it and forget it approach to Silverfish control, and you are not likely to need a second application, provided the infestation is reasonably small.

I would try the traps, baits, or organic products! These three things will be the only sure way you know you have removed the silverfish from the home.

I hope this helps my thanks!
Chris

I will refer you to some quick an easy products here:
Silver Fish Control

QUESTION: dear Christopher:
thank you kindly for your wonderful answers.

how many days does it take for eggs to hatch in the correct environment? They have short life cycles so it should be fairly quick.

1)     how many days does it take for eggs to hatch?

2)     once a silverfish egg is hatched,   how many days or months does it take for the silverfish to be able to start to re-produce?         
thank you kindly for your answers.

Answer
Hey Charles,

It can take anywhere from a week in a half(7-10 days) to 2 months for the eggs to hatch. The female can lay over 50 eggs at a time and usually lays over 100 in its short lifetime.

The newly hatched are whitish, but develop a grayish hue and metallic shine as they get older. Silverfish molt as they transition from nymphs to adult forms. They can molt anywhere from 15-60 times or more as needed to get to the adult form. This takes about 2-3 months, and sometimes longer depending on the location, temperature, and food source. As soon as the critters become adults they are capable of reproducing. It all depends on the environment they are living in.

I would clean the area out as well as possible, and leave it to the traps, and natural products to rid these pest from your home. This helps avoiding the temperature treatments from damaging they inhabit or may nest in.

My thanks,

Chris

Pest Control

Christopher A. Rice