Pest Control/Tiny worms

I have noticed tiny little worms in my guest bedroom that are curled up and look dead.  When you touch them they straighten out and are alive.  The room was vacant for about a month and when I wen to change the guest sheets there were about 10 worms in there. Are they coming from the carpet?  My step mother thinks they might be carpet beetles?  Any ideas or a remedy?  Thanks

Dear Reggie,

It's likely that they are larvae of an insect - but which one? It isn't possible to ID the adult without actually seeing them.

Any remedy will require they be identified, so I suggest you collect the ones you see, put them in rubbing alcohol, and have several pest control companies come out and do free inspections. One or more of the firms should be able to ID the critters.

Once you know what they are - write back and we'll discuss a solution.

Waiting to hear back from you,

Pest Control

George E Serdes

My knowledge is in the areas of structural insect or rodent pest problems. I do not know enough about lawn and garden pests to be of any help there...

I've retired from the pest control industry in Central Florida. I spent 15 years in all areas of the industry (sales, night technician, integrated pest management specialist, service manager, and branch manager for both National and local companies.

Formerly sat on the Florida Pest Management Association's Board of Directors (Region IV)

Retired Florida State Certified Pest Control Operator -