Pest Control/Spider

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. I'm pretty worried about this spider I found in my house. I have a 6 month old and am worried that this spider could be poisonous. This is a picture if the spider....please help!!

Hey Alex!

Well rest easy! This spider is not dangerous. There are tons of species of spiders and only 4 or 5 arguably are dangerous to humans. I would just put out glue boards in the high traffic areas you find the spiders the most. I would also remove any webs you see so that the spiders do not feel welcomed. It also helps to spray a broad spectrum or all natural broad spectrum insecticide. If you have other insects near or in your home this will keep the spiders from returning to the food source. Removing any other insects from your home will drop the number of spiders you see in half, if not all of them!

I hope this was helpful!
Thank you for your question!

Pest Control

Christopher A. Rice

I can identify and provide clear information on all insects. I can also provide Medical, Veterinarian Entomology insight. Also experience in arthropod management (biological and chemical) and history. Control tips on any of the following: Ants, Aphids, Bagworms, Bats, Bees, Beetles, Birds, Black widow spiders, Brown recluse spiders, Carpenter Bees, Carpet Beetles, Centipedes, Chipmunks, Cicada Killers, Cloth Moths, Cluster Flies, Cutworms, Deer, Drain Flies, Earwigs, Fleas, Flies, Fruit Flies, Gnats, Grasshoppers, Ground Hogs, Grubs, Japanese Beetles, Lice, Mice, Midges, Millipedes, Moles, Mosquitoes, Noseeums, Opossums, Pantry Beetles, Pantry Moths, Pantry Pests, Pill Bugs, Rabbits, Raccoons, Rats, Roaches, Scorpions, Silverfish, Skunks, Snails, Slugs, Sod webworms, Spiders, Sprintails, Squrriels, Termites, Thrips, Ticks, Voles, Weeds, Weevils, White Flies, White grubs.

I have about 10 years of experience in insect identification, pest control, and product recommendation.

Organizations (pest control) ID specialist at

All about articles @ for the following: Bed bugs, Ants, Cockroaches, Termites (pending), Rats, and Mice

Bachelors Degree in Biology, Minor in Chemistry Valdotsta State University Pest Management and history Insect identification Medical & Veterinarian Entomolgy