Pest Control/Bugs?

Bugs in jar
Bugs in jar  
Hi I live in the UK and over the summer months the last two years we have found these bugs living and dying only in my little boys room. They seem to favour paper as a habitat although not exclusively and as of yet they haven't migrated to anywhere else in the house at all. They are all colour consistent and may have wings, although they don't seem to fly.  We have moved everything out of the room that can be moved and cleaned, scrubbed and vacuumed everything. They went for about 10 days and now are back again. My son appears to have no bites or marks on him either. I think they have six legs.

Thank you for your time .

Dear Becky,

The first step is to positively identify the insects. Unfortunately, the picture you've enclosed isn't sufficiently clear enough for me to hazard even a guess.

Becky, in the States we can take specimens to a University Extension Office and have the entomologists there do the identification. Or, failing that, have one or more pest control companies do the identification. They will, I'm sure, also offer solutions to the problem. Should you want a second opinion of their recommendations, please let me know.

Good luck to you,

George Serdes

Pest Control

George E Serdes

My knowledge is in the areas of structural insect or rodent pest problems. I do not know enough about lawn and garden pests to be of any help there...

I've retired from the pest control industry in Central Florida. I spent 15 years in all areas of the industry (sales, night technician, integrated pest management specialist, service manager, and branch manager for both National and local companies.

Formerly sat on the Florida Pest Management Association's Board of Directors (Region IV)

Retired Florida State Certified Pest Control Operator -